Background by Freepik

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Stacking the Shelves #1

Stacking the Shelves is a brand new weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews. " Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! "

For this week I have 2 e-books which I would like to share with you which I received from the authors via NetGalley! I am planning on going to the bookstores soon to purchase once again beautiful and great paperback/hardcover books!!



Title: Glitch
Author: Heather Anastasiu
Pages: 320
Expected publication date: August 7th, 2012

Description from Goodreads: In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network. When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers. As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse. In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.


Title: Shadowfell
Author: Juliet Marillier
Pages: 416
Expected publication date: September 11th, 2012

Description from Goodreads: Its name is spoken only in whispers, if the people of Alban dare to speak it at all: Shadowfell. The training ground for rebels seeking to free their land from the grip of the tyrannical king is so shrouded in mystery that most believe it to be a myth.

But for Neryn, Shadowfell's existence is her only hope. She is penniless, orphaned, and utterly alone - and concealing a treacherous magical power that will warrant her immediate enslavement should it be revealed. She finds hope of allies in the Good Folk, fey beings whom she must pretend she cannot see and who taunt her with chatter of prophecies and tests, and in a striking, mysterious stranger, who saves her from certain death but whose motives remain unclear. She knows she should not trust anyone with her plans, but something within her longs to confide in him.

Will Neryn be forced to make the dangerous journey alone? She must reach Shadowfell, not only to avenge her family and salvage her own life, but to rescue Alban itself.

This first novel in a new trilogy from enchanting fantasy author Juliet Marillier is a captivating tale of peril, courage, romance, and survival



Title: The Lifeguard
Author: Deborah Blumenthal
Pages: 277
Publication date: March 1st, 2012

Description from Goodreads: It's an unsettled summer for Sirena. Back in Texas, her family's splitting apart, but here in Rhode Island, at the cottage of her aunt, it's a different world. There are long days at the beach and intriguing encounters with Pilot, the lifeguard with shamanic skills. Sirena explores her obsession with Pilot and discovers his mysterious--almost magical--gifts.


Which books have you guys & gals been stacking up?

32 comments:

  1. I got Glitch a few weeks ago but I haven't read it yet. It looks AMAZING!

    I hope you enjoy everything you got this week! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have also seen that book around on so many blogs! So I was THRILLED I finally got it! However, I can't make up my mind which book I should read after The Immortal Rules!! They all sound exciting:)
      Happy reading and thanks for stopping by again :)

      Delete
  2. Glitch looks good!
    Happy reading +)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! Can't wait to read it :)
      Thanks for stopping by and also happy reading to you ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow Glitch and Shadowfell have such lovely covers! I hope you enjoy them. :)

    Here is myIMM #5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!! They're just enough to make you love the books already haha:)

      I love your IMM! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  4. Great books this week! I got Glitch a couple weeks ago and Shadowfell is on my to-read list! Happy reading!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh how awesome to hear we got a book in common :) Shadowfell definitely caught my attention due to its diversity!
      Can't wait to all of them read them!
      Happy reading to you too and thanks for stopping by! ;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I know! I can't wait reading it! There's so much hype about it!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. I hear good things about Glitch!
    Enjoy :)

    New email follower (amugglesmagicalbookblog at yahoo).

    The Muggle
    -Giveaways + Kindle Deals
    -Your Book Boyfriend – Round 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lu!! True, the positive reviews on Glitch are building up! Really excited to read it now and I have a feeling this will be my next book to read & review :)
      Thanks so much for following:)!

      See you around and Happy reading!!

      Delete
  7. New Follower. I Love seeing what people get every week it's how I discover new books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Grace! Thanks so much for following :)!

      See you around!

      Delete
  8. I want to read Glitch really badly! Happy reading:) Hope you'll drop by and check out my StS post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your also amoung the Glitch fanatics ;) Thanks for stopping by and I will definitely come by and check out your blog :)

      Happy reading!

      Delete
  9. I have Shadowfell, and I have to start it, but it looks really interesting. Everybody keeps getting Glitch and I should really request it from NetGalley soon, shouldn't I? :P

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also heard good things about Shadowfell so I am really curious how it will end up to be :) And yeah Glitch is definitely in the hype loop now! So if I were you I would DEFINITELY request it ;)

      I love your blog!! Thanks for stopping by :)

      See you around!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous haul this week. Glitch is a fantastic novel, I hope you have a great time with it =)
    Stacking the Shelves:Check out my goodies this week!
    Sending you some serious cupcake love <3
    Happy Reading~
    -★Wendy★
    A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to hear from someone who has read it and loves it! :) I really look forward to it!!
      Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!:)

      Delete
  11. I own Marillier's Wildwood Dancing and Cybelle's Secret, I haven't read them and I would love to read something by her eventually!

    Happy Reading
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/stacking-shelves-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well then if Shadowfell really impresses me I will definitely check out other books of hers ;)

      Happy reading Kristina!:)

      Delete
  12. I'm really excited about Glitch! Happy Reading! :)

    Patricia // My StS/Week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Patricia! I think because of all the hype I will be reading this one next! :)
      Thanks for stopping by and happy reading!:)

      Delete
  13. I have Glitch waiting for me! I'm so excited about it.

    And Juliet Marillier is AWESOME. I loved all her other books <3 I'm going to wait for this one to come out in my country (The Netherlands) and as soon as it's published, I will buy it! I'm looking forward to her books all the time, they are wonderful and amazing (L) Haha, you can see that she is one of my favorites.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-sunday-3-sunday-recap.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how cool that you are from The Netherlands, I am also Dutch but just moved to London ;) Always good to know a fellow Dutchie in the book-blogging world!
      I have indeed heard a lot of praise about Juliet Marrillier so I am definitely looking forward to reading her books!!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  14. Glitch looks so good! And The Lifeguard looks like the perfect summer read :) I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about The Lifeguard! I was thinking the same thing when I was requesting it :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  15. Glitch sounds like a great read and I'm a big fan of Juliet Marillier, so Shadowfell is on my wishlist as well. Enjoy reading!

    Take a look at what's in my Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New Follower. Happy Reading!
    --Jenese

    Readersconfession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete