Background by Freepik

Friday, April 27, 2012

Peachy Feature: Feature & Follow # 1 Disappointing Character?

Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can ReadCheck out their blogs to learn more about the rules and to eventually join in!

I really love this Meme, it is a perfect way to put yourself out there as a blogger and meet new bloggers as yourself! If you would like to follow me, you can do this through GFC (Google Friend Connect) or via email!
Make sure to notify me once you have followed me (by posting a comment below the blog post) so I can check out your FF and follow you back :) Also let me know if you have taken my button, I would love you grab your button as well and place it on my blog!

So let's start! The question for this Friday is:

Q: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then "broke up" with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.

I had to think quite a bit for this question, but the more I thought of it, the more I decided that the character I chose for this question was the most suitable one.. and that character which disappointed me the most towards/at the end of the series is Gale from The Hunger Games. Without spoiling anything, I feel like this character's presence faded (for me) in the series, especially towards the end of Mockingjay. I was just so disappointed how he ended up to be at the end of the book that it was almost shocking!

And may I just add, the movie of The Hunger Games made me dislike Gale more... I try not to get too influenced by movies which are produced from books or let it cloud my initial perception of the book, but I just found it so corny and overdone when almost every time Katniss and Peeta had a romantic moment, they showed Gale's 'sad' and 'disappointed' face... I almost wished that the they hadn't included that. But I guess the producers were trying to throw some humor in the whole story, as it is honestly filled with mostly drama (which I like)!

What do you guys think?

4 comments:

  1. So I'm not the only one who noticed the Gale face! But you've got to admit he is very hot in the movie <3
    I've added your button and I'm a new follower. Thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know I am not the only one, haha! Alright, despite it happening... I guess Gale does have his looks going for him ;) Thanks for the follow and adding my button!

      See you around :)

      Delete
  2. Yup. Boo on Gale. I did think the movie didn't adequately develop Gale's character - not as much as the book.

    ReplyDelete